JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Friday, March 21, 2014

New Little Red Riding Hood Toy Theater Kit

New Miniature Toy Theater Kit

For years I have loved Fairy Tales and have collected many antique Fairy Tale books. I really have enjoyed finding many variations of the same fairy tale from about 1860 to 1950. Only the images from before the 1930's are the ones I use in my projects, digital and kits for copyright reasons.

I used many of my antique children's books for the images in this toy theater which I designed with inspiration from antique toy theaters.  My favorite Little Red Riding Hood book is from 1896 and that is the one I used for the front header and images on either side. Another book I used has a fabulous rose cottage on the cover and I used it for the granny and then wolf in the window scenes. I also used photo shop to design the scene behind the mother and Little Red. This theater is something I've thought about designing for a long time so I found it really exciting to make.

This kit is nice to make up because it is a fabric panel and glue doesn't stick to it, the scenes are on photo paper. It would look great in a child room on a desk in one twelfth scale or in an outdoor scene in half scale.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Jean --- this is just darling! I'd probably build a whole mini room around it. You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely!!! I'm in love. I just favorited it on Etsy so that I can buy it next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mary Ann, I was sort of visualizing a scene with it in half scale. So lovely of you to comment, I loved you Dandelion poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Simona, I have sent you an email about our 25% off kits through Shelly's Show that I advertised in a previous blog this morning. I don't know if that will suit you timewise but I thought I should let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing work, Jean, I love it! I also am fond of fairytales :D! I am used to say to my kids: your Mom likes to stay abit like a young child on the inside......it will keep you young forever ;)!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fabulous kit. I love it. I love the old imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree Ilona!! When you think young I'm sure you feel young.

    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Sharee, so lovely of you to visit. I love the images in each of my antique books too. So soft and delicate. Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails